Love Your Pet Day
If you’re looking for ways to make today even more special for your pet here are some ways to celebrate the day together.
Love Your Pet Day
- Take your dog for a walk in a new-to-you area. Make it a leisurely stroll and let him sniff every blade of grass while you both enjoy time out of doors together.
- Give your pets special treats. If you don’t usually give your dogs or cats special treats because you’re watching their weight make today a day when you give them something you know they will love. You can still give a healthy treat. If your dog loves fruits and vegetables, give her a fruit or veggie she’s never had before. If you don’t give your cat table scraps (and you shouldn’t!) give her a treat of a tiny piece of chicken, or beef or fish from your plate.
- Make or buy them a new toy. You can find hundreds of DIY toys on Pinterest. If you have the time and inclination make a new toy for your cat, dog, ferret or whatever other type pet you have.
- If you have ferrets or rodents or even reptiles who like getting out of their usual habitat. Let them out for a longer time today and get involved with them and their play.
- Give your pet extra hugs and kisses today!
- If you let your pet on the couch or bed, spend some extra snuggle time. If you don’t let them on the furniture, get down on the floor with them and let them crawl up into your lap.
- If you don’t have any pets of your own, visit a local animal shelter and give some love to the pets there who are waiting for their forever homes. They will appreciate it and so will the shelter volunteers.
How will you show your pet some extra love today?
About FIDO: There are many reasons a dog may bite, and it’s not always 100% preventable. In addition to financially protecting dog owners from dog bite claims, our Canine Liability Policy also covers other injuries to people, including scratches and fall injuries caused by dogs and injuries to other animals. Please contact us today for more information at (407) 865-7477, ext. 101.
Posted in: Blog